Like we said before, goal setting skills are quite difficult, however, if you can get Specific with your goal, it's a start. When you make a Specific goal, you have a better chance of actually achieving the goal. And, if you achieve your fitness goal, you've began to gain confidence and momentum to continue to move forward. For instance, a common Specific goal is lose 10 pounds, trim 5 inches around my waist, get promoted to Director of Sales, or something along those lines. However, you need to remember that Specific goals should have the 5 W's too.
- What - What do I want to accomplish?
- Who - Who's involved? Your husband? Boyfriend/Girlfriend? Family? Friends? This helps with accountability.
- Where - Are you going to join a gym? Or would you prefer to join a Fitness Program that holds you accountable?
- When - When are you wanting to achieve your goal?
- Why - Is it for a good reason? Make sure it's what YOU want, not someone else.
Summit Fit Dojo offers Small Group Personal Training for residences in Broomfield, Westminster, Thornton and Denver, Colorado Call 303-920-9747 or fill out the form on the top right of this page. Until Next Time! Coach Javier
You Can't Out Train A Bad Diet